15 Nov 043: Authenticity
In this episode of Drop and Give Me 20, Lindsey interviewed Dan Dwyer, the founder of Vet2BizLife, and Amy Uptgraft, a playwright who wrote the play “I Will Wait” and the founder/artistic director of The Veteran’s Spouse Project.
Dan Dwyer is a U.S. Army Veteran of 22 years, a husband, father, leadership coach and veteran entrepreneur. Dan’s Vet2BizLife Podcast is dedicated to the boots to the business advancement of all veteran entrepreneurs.
Amy is a proud military spouse. Her husband, LTC Jamie Uptgraft is the commander of 1-501 INF (ABN) out of JBER, AK and is currently deployed with his unit to Afghanistan in support of Operation Resolute Support. Amy is actively involved in various Army volunteer organizations. Amy’s play focused on stories of veteran spouses across generations. She aims to give voice to the experiences of military spouses across the generations using music, drama, dance, and expressive arts.
Important topics they discuss:
- [01:48] Who Dan is and the kind of business he has
- [03:18] Who Amy is
- [04:38] How Amy came up with the idea for the Veteran’s Spouse Project (VSP)
- [05:02] How Dan came up with his business
- [05:49] How Dan helps people who seek his business advice and guidance
- [07:29] What authenticity means for Amy
- [08:57] On turning down opportunities/relationships from others that doesn’t feel right
- [15:49] Their advice to the listeners
“I think authentic people are high-character individuals that don’t just talk the talk, they also walk the walk.” – Dan Dwyer
Dan Dwyer –
Vet2BizLife Podcast on iTunes
Vet2BizLife Podcast on Google Play
Vet2BizLife Podcast on iHeartRadio
Vet2BizLife Podcast on Stitcher
Dan on LinkedIn
Dan on Facebook
Dan on Instagram
Dan on Twitter
Dan’s Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org