01 Jan 049: Adam Bird
Drop and Give Me 20 is in it’s 4th season!
Today, I am very excited to be joined by Adam Bird. Adam is an Army veteran of 9 years and now an entrepreneur. He started his company, Heroes Media Group, about 4 years ago.
Heroes Media Group (HMG) is a digital media, branding and publishing platform committed to providing a voice for our community heroes and those who support them. HMG is dedicated to providing education, entertainment, and empowerment to active duty service members, veterans, firefighters, first responders, law enforcement, educators, medical professionals, and the clergy.
- [02:54] On starting podcasting and making a book
- [04:45] On meeting new people at events
- [05:37] On feeling reserved and being in the army
- [08:59] Tips to those people who might be introverted
- [14:05] Veteran community versus the military spouse community on entrepreneurship
- [18:35] On not being afraid to ask for help
- [19:20] On worrying about the business and not worrying about other things
- [22:00] Determining people who should be in your network
- [26:29] On growing your business through LinkedIn
- [05:13] “When you go to an event, step out of your box and get to know as many people as you possibly can. It’s not always what you know but who you know.”