Social Media Coordinator
Job type: Part-Time, Temporary [remote]
Our mission is simple – to provide business owners with peace of mind and alleviate the stress of planning and managing advertising on their own. From start to finish, our clients are positioned for success with Germono Advertising Company. From planning, purchasing and managing television, print, radio and outdoor advertisements to social media, we use a consultative and educational approach to help each of our clients meet their marketing, advertising and business goals.
The Social Media Coordinator will work remotely to embrace, live and model the Germono Advertising Company mission by performing agency duties, interacting with clients and helping us build and maintain an elite content program that educates, engages and contributes to our brand profile and converts our target audience into qualified leads. This position is a W2 position (employee) versus that of a 1099 (freelancer/contractor). We are unable to consider applicants that have their own entrepreneurial endeavors.
We like to have fun here. Are you ready?
- You’re a marketing connoisseur. You understand the needs of different industries and enjoy developing creative content for a variety of businesses.
- You enjoy writing, editing and creating graphics that POP. You’re versatile and can quickly switch from crafting a punchy one-liner to a detailed blog post. You find joy in helping others’ words shine with your editing talents, too. You can whip up a beautifully formatted graphic to coincide with each post.
- You’re social. Not only do you have your own social media feeds, but you’ve also successfully managed feeds for an organization, running campaigns and overseeing content. You dig Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and more, and follow trends and changes within each platform with excitement and an unending curiosity about up-and-coming channels and their potential. You understand what kind of content works where and how to use paid placements to amplify organic reach.
- You balance creativity with practicality. You know that beautiful content is wasted if it’s not discovered, consumed or shared. That’s why you embrace SEO, A/B testing and reporting as invaluable tools to validate and improve your work.
The Social Media Coordinator will play a key role in the following:
- Content creation. You will help source, develop or edit nearly everything content-related at the company to include including written, visual and interactive content for blogs, our website, press releases, marketing collateral, internal communications and more.
- Social media management. You’ll manage our social media feeds, including developing seasonal editorial calendars, growing engagement and reach, creating and maintaining relationships with our followers and day-to day management and deployment to all our social accounts.
- Podcast support. You will manage the social media feeds and assist with the community building of our podcast, Drop and Give Me 20.
- Content-related thought leadership and strategy. You’ll be our go-to for content, communications and social sites, providing guidance for marketing, operations and clients.
- Marketing Coach support. Your role is vital to the marketing coaches. Your assistance with proposals, PowerPoint presentations and research to support the marketing coaches is crucial to the growth of our company.
- Creative ideas. You’ll use your creativity to develop high impact social media strategies and campaigns to grow our social media presence, acquire new customers and generate sales.
- Detail-oriented results. You will provide solutions that are based on consumer insights and research in the context of overall marketing and online marketing strategies.
- Team meetings. Our staff meetings are held virtually once a week. We also have occasional off-sites and other opportunities to meet in-person.
Here’s more of the nitty-gritty:
Our new Social Media Coordinator must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- At least one year of content marketing and social marketing experience
- At least one year of driving social media management for an organization, including a track record of cost-effectively growing audience and engagement
- Excellent and versatile copywriting, editing and proofreading skills – especially editing content for the web
- A keen understanding of the benefits, nuances and best practices of different social platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube and others
- A passion for storytelling through multiple media types, both visual and written
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Passion and expertise in online marketing best practices, industry trends, SEO/SEM/online media, analytics, web technology, mobile campaigns, community and the concepts of creative and brand strategy
- Have access to your own computer and Wi-Fi (the position is remote)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Basic proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and image processing)
- Basic proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Black-belt knowledge of social CRM best-practices, Social Marketing Management tools (SMM) and Content Management Systems (CMS), for example, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck and others.
- Significant experience in producing website and social media content and managing projects
- Ability to explain social media to any audience and drive content management