13 Jul Do You Pin?
Do You Pin?
The one social media outlet that tends to get overlooked by a majority of businesses is Pinterest. However, if used correctly it can help boost traffic to your website, blog or Instagram page. Here are a few facts that you might not know about Pinterest.
- Pinterest users consist of mainly a female audience at roughly 60%. If you are looking to target women, you should be pinning more.
- A majority of Pinterest active users are between the ages of 24-34 however the median age of users is 40.
- There are currently 175 million active Pinterest users, 63 million of them are here in the U.S.
- 75 billion pins currently live on Pinterest
- 2 billion searches a day occur on Pinterest
- Pinterest is a place where people go to look for inspiration and typically this inspiration leads to buying. It is said that Pinterest users love to shop!
- Users also tend to stay on Pinterest longer then other social media applications, but frequent the site fewer times in a day.
- Some of the top categories on Pinterest are DIY projects, home decor, food & drink and holiday inspirations for women. Men tend to search for DIY projects, technology and automobiles.
- Pinterest users spend less time watching televison then other social media users
The moral of the story is don’t sleep on Pinterest. Learn about what Pinterest has to offer and how it can benefit your business. If you are looking to reach a specific audience in a certain category, Pinterest could open the door to new possibilities. If you have questions or need assistance on how to get started, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
(some of the stats provided above are from DMR)