10 Oct Talk About It
By Agency Manager, Cali Pinkstaff
We know we the majority of what we talk about is social media and social media presence. In a digital world, human interaction is (sadly) becoming a thing of the past. This is why we stress being present in your social media, engaging with your audience so you can show that you’re still human. T0day, there’s something else we’re here to suggest: public speaking. *insert sweat drip emoji*
Public speaking is one of the most common fears, and that’s okay! We’re here to help. Of all the skills you can acquire, public speaking is high on the list. With any skill, the more you do it, the better you’ll get.
WHY YOU SHOULD PUBLIC SPEAK:
- Gains exposure for your business
- Educates your following
- Re-inspires other individuals
- Builds self-confidence
HOW/WHEN TO PUBLIC SPEAK:
- Host a workshop & educate on your profession
- At local charity events/seminars on a topic you’re passionate about
- Podcast guest hosting
HOW TO GAIN CONFIDENCE:
- The confidence is already there if you’re an expert in your chosen topic!
- Start small! Start by practicing by speaking in front of individuals you are comfortable around.
- Attend local seminars and workshops – introduce yourself to the speakers and attendees.
- Work with a public speaking coach.
- BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!
We speak at events in Hampton Roads! Have an event coming up and think we could benefit? Send an email to email@example.com