27 Jun Don’t Do Business Alone: Cross Promote!
By Cali Pinkstaff, Agency Manager
Cross promoting is a useful tool when it comes to social media marketing. It will allow you to team up with other businesses and communities to expand your reach and following…and guess what? It’s FREE. Cross promoting is something that ANY type of business can benefit from, especially if you’re a start-up or smaller business. However, as with everything, there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it. Here are the do’s and don’ts of cross promoting:
- Find a business with the same core values and vision as you.
- Pick a business with a similar target audience. (Ex: If you’re a men’s clothing store, team up with a barber shop.)
- Team up with another business for an event or workshop.
- Offer other businesses products/goods.
- Create a giveaway or raffle.
- Over-cross promote. (You’ll seem “hungry” and it will lose value.)
- Go into it blindly. Make the promotion count!
- Over-market yourself. Posting once or twice a week about it will suffice.
- Offer up more than your business can financially handle.
- Partner with a competing brand.
Have questions about cross promoting? Drop me a line at email@example.com. I’d be happy to talk marketing with you!