Job type: part-time, 15-20 hours per week, Norfolk, VA based. Pay starts at $12.00/ hour.
The major duties of our Marketing Intern involve connecting quickly with people in a poised, convincing, and enthusiastic way. This is a entry-level position and requires prior experience in or familiarity with managing a business or organization’s social media feeds. Our marketing interns work at an extremely fast pace, and require working cooperatively with and through people in order to complete tasks, and are integral in motivating others. This position requires a strong sense of urgency, initiative, and drive to complete tasks, with emphasis on working with and through people in the process. Understanding people well and using that understanding effectively in motivating and persuading others to act, is an important aspect of the Marketing Intern position. It is important in this role for goals to be set and reached, and for tasks to be completed in a timely manner. Details will need to be handled quickly and accurately, and individuals must be able to work remotely, independently a majority of the role, with occasional client on-site needed.
Do you think you have what it takes to provide marketing and advertising support? Know how to create a social media post, reel, video, and story? This part-time position is a W2 position (employee) versus that of a 1099 (freelancer/contractor). We are unable to consider applicants that have their own entrepreneurial endeavors.
We like to have fun here. Are you ready?
- You’re a marketing connoisseur. You have an interest in understanding the needs of different industries and are looking to learn how to develop creative content and strategy for a variety of businesses.
- You are interested in blogging, graphic design, website, and digital content. You’re versatile and the idea of helping business owners quickly switch from crafting a punchy one-liner to a detailed blog post thrills you.
- You’re social. Not only do you have your own social media feeds, but you’ve also had experience or familiarity managing an organization or business social media feeds. You dig Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and more, and follow trends and changes within each platform with excitement and an unending curiosity about up-and-coming channels and their potential. You understand what kind of content works where and how to use placements to amplify organic reach.
- You balance creativity with practicality. You know that beautiful content is wasted if it’s not discovered, consumed or shared. That’s why you embrace SEO, A/B testing and analytics and are interested in working for an agency that helps walk a business owner through reporting tools to help their business grow.
- You understand the importance of public relations, television, radio and print media. As an intern, you’ll sit in on media calls and learn more about the essentials when it comes to traditional media.
The Marketing Intern will play a key role in the following:
- Content creation for clients. You will help source, develop or edit content for a client to include including written, visual and interactive content for blogs, website, press releases, marketing collateral, internal communications and more.
- Social media management. You’ll help manage social media feeds, including developing seasonal editorial calendars, growing engagement and reach, creating and maintaining relationships with followers and day-to day management and deployment.
- Content-related thought leadership and strategy. You’ll help our team generate ideas for content, communications and social sites, providing guidance for marketing, operations, and clients.
- Detail-oriented results. You know once it’s posted, there’s no going back so details are your middle name.
- Team meetings. Our staff meetings are held virtually once a week. We also have occasional off-sites and other opportunities to meet in-person. You dig this. Team is your middle name.
YOU LOVE THIS, RIGHT? HERE’S MORE OF THE NITTY-GRITTY:
Our Marketing Interns must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Required: 2 years education in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Highly recommended: at least six months of content marketing and social marketing experience for a business or organization
- Excellent and versatile copywriting, editing and proofreading skills – especially editing content for the web
- An understanding of the benefits, nuances and best practices of different social platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube and others
- A passion for storytelling through multiple media types, both visual and written
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Passion in learning more about online marketing best practices, industry trends, SEO/SEM/online media, analytics, web technology, mobile campaigns, community and the concepts of creative and brand strategy
- Have access to your own computer and Wi-Fi (the position is remote)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter to Lindsey@Germono.com.