01 Oct 040: How to Maximize Facebook Groups
In this episode of Drop and Give Me 20, Erin interviews Doug Nordman, author of The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement and The Military Financial Independence and Retirement Pocket Guide.
He spent 20 years as part of the Navy’s submarine force. And now he’s an enthusiastic surfer, a martial art student, and a veteran of many chaotic home improvement projects.
Among other things, they’ll be discussing how to maximise Facebook groups. He’ll also share how he got into Facebook groups and how it grew. They’ll also tackle building audiences, answering other people’s questions on posts, getting into other groups, handling controversial comments or posts accordingly, and many more.
If you are one of those people who spends a lot of time on Facebook, you’ll surely enjoy this episode!
Important topics they discuss:
- [01:56] What got him working on Facebook groups and how it grew/evolved
- [02:42] Building audiences
- [04:11] Answering people’s questions
- [05:32] How he keeps people engaged
- [07:50] Getting into other groups
- [11:32] How he handles controversial posts or comments
- [14:07] What a beginner who wants to start a Facebook group needs to know
“Whenever I’m answering a question, I try to provide a link to the reference and I get pretty good at this after 8 years of writing and blogging and so I know where too look, and that make sure that the subject that’s been discussed has the right answers has the right information and the people can act on it later on.” – Doug Nordman