01 Jul 026: Hire Served
In this episode of Drop and Give Me 20, Lindsey interviews Jean South who spent 9 years as a FBI Special Agent and is now the CEO of Hire Served. Hire Served helps military-passionate employers in recruiting, hiring and on-boarding top veteran talents.
Jean talks about the challenges of being a CEO. She also shares her life as an entrepreneur and a military spouse.
Important topics they discuss:
- [01:01] Jean’s backstory
- [02:50] Hire Served services
- [03:33] Defining their industry
- [04:08] How they compete in a crowded industry
- [06:13] The challenges of entrepreneurship
- [09:17] Managing as a CEO
- [11:30] A day in a life of an entrepreneur
- [17:10] Fun Fact about Jean South
“… I never really recognized that that’s the role of the CEO – to be the expert at the vision.” -Jean South