01 Feb 051: Lacey Langford
In this episode of Drop and Give Me 20 Season 4, Lindsey interviews Lacey Langford of The Military Money Show.
Lacey Langford is a U.S. Air Force veteran, military spouse, financial coach, speaker, and writer. Lacey is an accredited financial counselor with over 15 years of experience in financial planning, counseling, and coaching.
Lacey is also the military money expert and the founder of LaceyLangford.com, a personal finance blog specializing in the unique world of the U.S. military. She is the creator and host of “The Military Money Show,” a podcast dedicated to helping the military community with personal finance.
In this episode, Lacey shared how her interest and passion for personal finance developed, how she got frustrated and felt like she has lost her identity, and how she saves time and plans ahead.
- [02:24] Why Lacey started her business
- [03:13] On feeling like losing her own identity as a military spouse
- [04:49] On figuring out her business and learning to blog and podcast
- [05:53] The importance of saving time and planning ahead
- [09:00] The process of setting goals
- [18:35] On creating strategic partnerships
- [07: 35] “To get it in your budget, you need to get in their budget.”