15 Feb 052: Katelyn Tinsley
In this episode of Drop and Give Me 20 Season 4, Lindsey interviews Katelyn Tinsley of Homefront Room Revival.
Katelyn Tinsley is an Air Force veteran and the founder of Homefront Room Revival. This nonprofit was created to help enhance the military life cycle by creating home comfort. Katelyn is also a military spouse at Seymour Johnson AFB. She was awarded the AFI Air Force Spouse of the Year in 2019.
Homefront Room Revival is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with a mission to provide military families with creative outlets to improve resiliency and enrich the military life cycle. In this episode, Katelyn talks about the purpose and mission of their organization and how they built a community of volunteers.
- [02:27] Katelyn’s background and how she started her organization
- [04:05] Dec’ the Deployment Program
- [06:55] Importance of having a presence on base
- [09:30] Building a community of volunteers and showing appreciation
- [12:20] The reason she created the organization
- [13:00] How Katelyn got key leadership spouses to support her
- [11:20] “ . . . it’s the sisterhood, the brotherhood, and camaraderie that comes out of the studio and out of the collaboration of the projects . . . ”