15 Mar 054: Raymond “The Marine Rapper” Lott
In this episode of Drop and Give Me 20 Season 4, Lindsey interviews Raymond “The Marine Rapper” Lott. He is a U.S. Marine Corps combat veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Raymond’s music has been featured in different music platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, Range 15 Movie Soundtrack, VET TV, and the Oscar Mike TV series on the Go90 network.
He also has 10 years experience in public affairs, marketing and advertising, community relations, entertainment business, and social media. In this episode, Raymond talks about how that experience led him towards influencer marketing and how to be authentic as an influencer.
Ninja Punch Music, founded by TMR, is an online media platform that promotes projects created by military veteran recording artists of all music genres from around the world.
- [02:10] Who Raymond “The Marine Rapper” is
- [03:00] On realizing the power of social media
- [03:33] How Raymond started going viral
- [05:14] Raymond started to make rap videos and decided to enroll in a music school
- [06:52] The authenticity of his music and how people start to gravitate towards it
- [08:15] Applied for Bunker Labs and started to have a business-mindset
- [09:27] On influencer marketing
- [10:35] Difference between real versus fake influencers
- [13:00] On the validity built by different relationships
- [14:41] Finding who you are in the business community
- [15:42] Sharing your authentic self
- [23:43] “If you live your passion and you go for it, all the followers, all the influence, all the connections in the community and all the smiles will come.”