22 Oct 3 Reasons You Should Give a Hoot about Hootsuite
What is Hootsuite?
Hootsuite is a platform used for social media. Now a decade old, it was created by Ryan Holmes in 2008. The system’s user interface takes the form of a dashboard. This dashboard supports social network integrations for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube.
Reasons to use Hootsuite:
- To save time by scheduling posts. – You can schedule your posts hours, days, weeks, even MONTHS in advance. This saves you time and preps you for ANYTHING! Get those posts scheduled and out of the way so you can focus on other tasks.
- Group your social media platforms all in one place. – Depending on the plan you choose, you can add up to 50 social profiles to manage! You do not have to pay for Hootsuite if you do not want to, however, you may only add 3 social profiles with the free version.
- You can assign a team to manage your feeds. – Instead of giving your passwords to all of your social media accounts, with the Pro version, you can add up to 10 authorized users to help manage your feeds, taking all the heavy lifting off your hands. There is only 1 included user in the free version.
Times when it is best to not use Hootsuite:
- When tagging a company or an individual. – With the exception of Twitter, Hootsuite does not recognize handles seamlessly across different platforms. When appropriate, it is important to have the company or individual properly tagged. Don’t miss the mark!
- When scheduling a Facebook post. – This goes hand in hand with the reason above. It is always best to use the scheduling tool inside Facebook to ensure all tags are correct and Facebook tends to frown upon third-party scheduling platforms.
- When posting videos. – This feature can be a little glitchy at times with some of the platforms. If you do not catch this, you run the risk of missing your scheduled post time. Remember to always check your emails and notifications for Hootsuite. (You may need to check your spam folder).
If you are new to Hootsuite, all of our team members here at Germono Advertising Company are super ninjas when it comes to using the platform. Scheduling and handling social media accounts is our job. If you are interested in our services or have any questions, please give us a call at 757-777-3870 or send a shout to firstname.lastname@example.org