18 Oct What’s an Instagram Story?
By Anna McGrath, Marketing Intern
Instagram Stories are a feature that allows users to post something short term for their followers to see. They populate at the top of your feed when you login, where you can also watch the people you follow stories as well. Instagram updates it’s platform almost on a daily basis. With that being said, the steps and information in this blog post are as of October 18, 2018.
To post a story, you swipe to the right, or click the picture of your profile in the top left corner where it says “your story” with a small blue plus sign.
As shown above, there are different features you can use at the bottom of the screen. These include:
1. Type: This allows you to type out a message onto a template that looks like the one above. You can change the font, color, and size of the words you write, draw or hand-write messages; as well as, change the background. The features that are on “type” are typically applicable to the rest of the options listed.
2. Live: Live is a feature where you can broadcast live and followers can join in and watch. You can interact with your followers through comments.
3. Normal: Here is where you can post pictures from your camera roll or take a picture and post it to your story.
4. Boomerang: Boomerang is a fun way to post videos onto your stories that play on loop.
5. Music: The music section is a fun way to add music onto your story. *We have seen this feature come and go depending on personal versus business profile!
6. Superzoom: This feature lets you zoom into things with different effects.
7. Focus: Focus is a setting where you can take a focused picture where it blurs the background.
8. Rewind: You can record a video and it will play in reverse.
9. Hands-free: This allows you to record videos without having to hold down the record button.
Highlight tabs are a way for followers to view your story after they have expired. To learn how to create highlight tabs you can read more about them here: Highlights
With so many different options on Instagram Stories, there are endless opportunities to post about your company, promote products, or to just post for fun. Here at Germono Advertising Company, we can help you create a social media strategy! Call 757-777-3780 or email email@example.com to set up a complimentary consultation. Let’s do this!